From: Lorn H Olsen <lorn@dynacomm.ws>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Aileron Flutter
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:09:58 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
When I fly lean I have a lot of engine vibration because I am not injected. I can see my whole right wing vibrate because of the engine. I then enrich a little to stop most of the vibration.

This vibration, I believe, has cause the aileron hinges to loosen up. I put in teflon a few years ago but soon I am going to have to ream out the hinges and replace the hinge pins with larger ones.

I'm flying around today and I looked out the cockpit and I noticed my right aileron fluttering. Looked at my left aileron and it's doing the same thing. I turn left and right, the ailerons are working fine but still fluttering. I got to my desination, bought some fuel and went flying some more. This time I didn't see much flutter, if any, at all.
Anyone seen this or have any info about it?

Randy,

--
Lorn H. 'Feathers' Olsen, MAA, DynaComm, Corp.
248-345-0500, mailto:lorn@dynacomm.ws