From: Lorn H Olsen <lorn@dynacomm.ws>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Wing Fuel Imbalance Question
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:09:42 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Mike,

For a 100 mile ferry flight, you should be using about 15 gal + 10 spare or 25 gallons. Right? If the left tank is leaking, the 25 gallons in the right tank will just balance your weight and the flight will be perfect.

Why would you even consider flying with one tank full when you only need 25 gallons?

Lorn

How much fuel imbalance do you think it's safe to fly a IV?  Could you fly a IV with a full left tank and an empty right tank?  I need to ferry a IV about a hundred miles to repair a leaky fuel tank and I'm wondering if I can leave the leaky tank empty for the flight.  I don't want to deal with transferring any more fuel than necessary.

Mike Easley

--
Lorn H. 'Feathers' Olsen, MAA, DynaComm, Corp.
248-345-0500, mailto:lorn@dynacomm.ws