From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Fuel tank camera for inspection of Lancair fuel tanks
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:24:31 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for Matt Reeves <mattreeves@yahoo.com>:

 Hmmm.  This is very interesting.  I'm wondering if static on the OUTSIDE of a
wing can blow up the fuel on the inside of the wing, isn't it true that flying
itself creates quite a bit of static?  Especially if you fly in primer?

 Or is this not a factor because you are not touching the ground?

  Matt

"""
VTAILJEFF@aol.com wrote:

 I would be very cautious about putting an electrical device in a fuel cell.
 One person has already blown up a Lancair wing and blown himself up in the
 process, too. And that was just from sanding on the outside of the wing.

 Jeff Edwards
"""