From: Douglas Brunner <douglasbrunner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] D2 Update part deux
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 13:33:17 -0500
To: <lml>
Brent (and others)

I would like to detail my situation, which I believe is similar to many others, and get some advice.

In May, I purchased the Dual Sport Chelton from Direct 2 as a "show special".  It included the Dual Screen display, a Pinpoint GADAHARS and various other components including magnetometer and OAT.  As a show special, it also included a "free" Freeflight GPS.

At the point that I purchased the Chelton EFIS, I had not yet decided on who was going to build my panel.  I put a $1,000 deposit down with Direct 2. In June after deciding on who was going to build my panel, Direct 2 transferred the deposit and I paid the remainder for the Chelton to my panel builder - who is an authorized Direct 2 (and certified) Chelton dealer.

My panel builder has received the dual Chelton Displays, but has not received the Pinpoint GADAHARS, the magnetometer or the Freeflight GPS.

The way I see the issue is as follows:

1) Although I initially entered into a contract/agreement with Direct 2, this agreement/contract was transferred to the panel builder when my initial $1,000 deposit was transferred and the remainder of the cost of the system was paid to the panel builder.

2) Therefore my panel builder has a problem with one of ITS SUPPLIERS (just like if the panel builder had ordered and paid for an altimeter or a radio that it didn't receive), I don't have a direct relationship with Direct 2, my panel builder does.

3) I would hope that my panel builder will be able to resolve their problem with Direct 2 through Chelton. I don't know what legal responsibility Chelton has to clean up Direct 2's mess, but would hope they will "step up to the plate".  I also hope that my panel builder will "step up to the plate" (and I have no reason to believe they won't) if they have to.

Fortunately, I have about 6 months before I plan (?) to be flying and that should be enough time to get this resolved.

I am afraid that one of the casualties of this may be my Freeflight GPS.  This was a show special from Direct 2 and I am not sure what obligation my panel builder has or will feel to supplying me with this.

Your thoughts, advice, commiseration are welcome.

D. Brunner
N241DB (reserved)