From: Lancair <lancair@USTEK.COM>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Nose strut inspections - all models
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:30:32 -0500
To: <lml>
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:13 AM
Chris,    . . .    The ES seems to be more susceptible to shimmy, maybe due to the mass of the wheelpant or possibly the hot cowl air flowing down the strut fairing, heating the damping oil and lowering its viscosity.   Mike Easley   Colorado Springs

I had the wheel pant on my GlaStar's castering nosewheel vibrate so badly on landing that it broke off.  The fix was to stiffen it with layers of glass.  I took the belt and suspenders method with my ES-P by adding layers of carbon to stiffen the pant and I installed the Ong super dampened nosegear.  Result is no shimmy whether greased on fast or dropped in short.

Robert M. Simon
ES-P N301ES