From: <freemen@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:40:43 -0800
To: Michael D Smith <msmith1@mr.net>
Cc: lancair.list@olsusa.com <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
Michael D Smith wrote:>
> My IV is going to become a "serviceable asset" so to speak
> in the near future.  As so, I started checking out the
> insurance premiums from Avemco.  I checked last year, and
> when the cardiologists said it was OK
>
> LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
> Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Prior to ordering our Fast Build IV-P kit from the factory, we consulted
with Avemco. We have been insured from "day one"  (our insurance covers the
building process also) following their guide lines (jump when they say
jump), we are insured including our first flights. The guide lines for our
project are:
1200 hours total time
150 hours retract
Regular EAA Designated Inspector inspections (or the FAA equivalent)
Lancair factory flight training
There might be one or two other minor details but that is really about all
it takes to get insured. Insurance will not be cheap but according to my
partner (over 15,000 hour ATP) it should run about $500.00 month when we
start flying.
Planning ahead for the inevitable usually saves a lot of grief later on.
Brent Sanchez
Starting the hydraulic system

-