From: Mark Ravinski <mjrav@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Hyd Spool Valve Reverse Revisited
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:21:09 -0400
To: <lml>
Hi Larry,
I think your problem may not be with the plane.  At one time, you wrote a
dissertation of the gear system that was so good I actually made a copy of
it.
Of course, I can't find that now but that's beside the point.

Opening the dump valve connects the high and low side together but not to
the reservoir.  I expect you want the system this way as it is an additional
safety downlock of the gear.  Say for any reason you loose hydraulic
downpressure (pump failure, electric failure, internal leak, etc) then go
taxi around.  Would you be comfortable with just the overcenter locks on the
links to keep the gear from folding up.  Not me baby.

You could search the archives for "Henney, Spool Valve"  or just run the
test both ways - one of them is bound to work.

Cracking a fitting would not prove an internal cylinder leak - only that the
dump valve was open.

"Fastest LNC2 huh",  enjoy it while it lasts.

Mark Ravinski
N360KB 1390 hrs