From: Farnsworth <farnsworth@charter.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Exiting a Legacy post crash
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:23:31 -0400
To: <lml>
Just a comment.  Do you plan to wear a parachute every time you fly.
  And if you had a parachute, do you really think you could get out of a
  spinning airplane...especially one not designed for it.  To my
  knowledge, there has never been anyone to bail out of Lancair or RV for
  that matter.  Your time is better spent learning how to prevent a
  situation where you would want to bail.

  Chat Daniel
  Lancair Super ES
  RV-8

Chet,

Your statement that no one has ever bailed out of a Lancair is not accurate.
I think the Lancair test pilot, that did, is glad his parachute allowed for
an alternate landing.

I think you are entitled to make the , "no parachute", decision for
yourself; but beyond that, to say that it is not a good idea for someone
else is, perhaps, not helpful.

I wear a parachute when I fly my Legacy. I hope to never use it, but it is
cheap insurance. Wearing a parachute doesn't preclude knowing proper spin
recovery procedures. I dare say that there are occasions, other that a spin,
where a parachute exit would be a better option than accepting death.

Regards,

Lynn Farnsworth
Super Legacy #235
TSIO-550 Powered