From: Gary Edwards <gary21sn@hotmail.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Oildyne Pump, another surprise
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:23:41 -0400
To: <lml>
Several years ago I replaced my 1989 Oildyne hydraulic pump because, well just because it seemed ill....

...So, today I disassembled the old pump just for giggles.  Note that there is a number, 829, stamped into the frame:

Looks like the older pump was manufactured on the 82 day of 1989.

My old pump is still going strong with no adverse operations.  It is a 1987 dated pump (#1427).  The only teething problems I had in the beginning were the VEP pressure switches which caused me to burn out a gear pump relay (I replaced both relays).  I did send the pump to Oildyne in the first year of flight for their valve upgrades.

Gary Edwards
LNC2 N21SN
Medford, Oregon