From: Gerard O Connell <goconnell@dodo.com.au>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 00:45:10 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Can anyone advise on the correct hydraulic power pack for the 320?

I think the pump I need is item 642666 which is described as a 32 series 12 volt pump....the cubic capacity is roughly half of the pump I was sent (twice) by lancair. The 642666 is rated as a 0.0187 CIPR pump size on the aerocraft website.

The pump I have been sent for the 320  is physically almost twice the size of my existing unit and the LAME advises me it will not fit in the Lancair without substantial mods. He also reckons it would be far too powerful for raising/lowering the gear. I think it is the 0.032 CIPR item 638082. Is this indeed the correct pump?

 The sales department tell me it is the same unit and perhaps my original pump is non standard Lancair issue. I was not the builder, so I don't know what was supplied with the kit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as each time I have a pump shipped over to Australia it costs $$$$.

--
Gerard O Connell
Melbourne, Australia