From: cblitzer <cblitzer@triad.rr.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 19:46:15 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Here is an interesting question -
The two latches on my LIV-P work fine, have for almost a year now.  Go for a 50 minute flight, plane sits on very hot ramp for approx. 1-1/2 hours.
Get ready to leave and the 2nd set of latches, will not close all the way.  Cab get them closed about 90% but I can feel that the latches will not "click" to the closed position.
The door seal WAS DEFLATED during my attempts to close the 2nd group of latches.
My only thought is some type of heat expansion?? As soon as we landed I deflated door seal and the latches now all closed fine.  If it was heat expansion, the skin of the plane would have cooled from the flight home right???
I an anxious to try again on a hot day but this time I will use my canopy cover and see if that helps.
Any other thoughts or experiences?
Thanks
Craig B