From: Dr Michael A Fopp <michael_fopp@compuserve.com>
Sender: <michael_fopp@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: SB 050 -099
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:01:18 +0100
To: 'lancair.list@olsusa.com' <lancair.list@olsusa.com>
         <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 Bill Rumberg makes some points about Lancair's Service Bulletins
procedures following the issue of SB 050-099 and states (in LNL Vol 1 No
133)

" I called this in to Lancair at the time, but it went unheeded. Shortly
afterward, a Dutch builder/pilot reported almost all of the ten Lancairs in
Holland had discovered the condition and recommended the same solution. I
wrote this in to Lance almost two years ago, but it took what must have
been
a rash of failures to prompt the subject SB."

I'm afraid this just reinforces my recent comments to Lance (published here
and in LNN) about the deficiencies in the Service Bulletin procedures.
 Lance responded by saying that they were constantly improving and he
thought they were okay.  I am afraid I would refer him, and other builders,
to my previous thoughts on tightening up the collation and issue of SB's
before something more serious than my nose gear failure and these main gear
cracks results.

Michael Fopp

LNC2 G-FOPP (UK) 7 years building and six months (so far) repairing!

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html