From: Charlie Kohler <charliekohler@yahoo.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:39:13 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

While we are discussing operation at uncontrolled airports and our patterns etc. etc.

I would like to throw new item into the cauldron.

We all have pet peeves--and I thought I would throw this one out because it is high on my list.

It usually comes from corporate or commuter pilots as they enter into uncontrolled airports, however I have seen increasingly used by otherwise sharp pilots.

"XYZ traffic, King Air 40 ZuluMike, 10 miles north, landing XYZ. ANY TRAFFIC IN THE AREA PLEASE ADVISE".

Does this person (idiot) think that the five or so pilot/ instructors working with students should cue up and recite their positions and intentions to those esteemed professional pilots who do not have the time to listen up on the frequency?

Those flight instructors who are members of NAFI may recall seeing this in the February issue of MENTOR.

Charlie K.