From: LEON SMITH <lsmith541@msn.com>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Antenna Lead
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 00:04:55 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Quick question for the avionics gurus.
ATC reports the #2 com in my ES is weak (compared to #1) even after having it checked out by the manufacturer.  Number 1 uses RSG/400 (or is it RGS/400?) while the number 2 uses the old RG/58 for the ant lead in.  Could this be the problem?  The RG/58 is accessible except for the last 2 ft. near the ant in the vert stab.  Can I leave the 2 ft of RG/58 and replace the remainder with the 400?  Will the transition from one to the other create a reflection problem due to differing impedances?  Or should I just leave it alone and put up with it?

Thanks,

Leon Smith
LNCE N63LS