From: Douglas Brunner <douglasbrunner@earthlink.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Weather XM/WSI vs. ADS-B
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:47:39 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have been thinking about how to get weather in my (soon to be built?) Legacy.  There are a number of options including WSI (or soon to be XM?) displaying on a Chelton, XM displaying on a MX-20, 530, 430 and probably several others.

My questions have to do with the Garmin GDL 90 vs the Garmin GDL 69.  It appears that the GDL 90 will give free weather and free traffic vs. non-free weather only in the 69.  I understand that ADS-B is up along the East Coast, Alaska, Arizona and a few other spots and will be up around the whole country in a couple of years.

I am more interested in weather than traffic, although having traffic would be a nice bonus. I understand that Mode S traffic/TIS (Garmin 330 Transponder) is being phased out in favor of ADS-B.

Are there any others out there facing the same decision?

Anyone out there using ADS-B?  What do you think of it?

Doug Brunner
N241DB (reserved)
douglasbrunner@earthlink.net