From: <5zq@cox.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: CenAm
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:40:22 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Hi Guys,

Sue and I are in Tical Guatemala having a great time. The Lancair continues to shine in range and economy. Fuel prices are around 7 bucks at some of the places we've been like Managua Nicaragua. It's really nice to be able to just say "no thanks" or "OK, I'll take 5 a side".

As some of you might have heard, one of the airplanes that we've been traveling with hit a Volcano in Costa Rica. We were flying from Panama City to San Jose Costa Rica. The weather was forcast to be OK but turned really bad. Most of us diverted and we were scattered all over Central America. Sue and I landed at a little island off Panama called Bocas del Toro. The Bonanza hit a jungle covered volcano somewhere above 10,ooo ft. It took 2 days to find the wreckage.

Flying is fun and challenging down here. This incident just reminds us of the terrible consequences that an error can lead to.

We should be back in the states by the end of the month.

Bill ^ Sue Harrelson
N5ZQ