From: Mark Ravinski <mjrav@comcast.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Where has all the power gone?
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 10:59:31 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Listers,
Thanks for the great technical discussion.
Is there a practical way to establish more exact timing?
I have one Electroair and one LSE system on my IO360 with 9:1 compression.
When using an inductive timing light, indications are very jumpy and seem unreliable.
I've noted that others have had this problem also.
Is it possible to determine a "best " setting based on other operating parameters?
As an example, I'm thinking of the "lean test" as being used to analyze the relative performance of different cylinders.
I know that overheating can be a symptom of too much advance.  Is there any useful correlation?

Thanks,
Mark Ravinski
N360KB 1361  hrs.