From: <5zq@cox.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: Recessed Tinnerman washers
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:53:07 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

> I'm sure Bill Harrelson will get a chuckle when he hears this

HA! I knew that you'd hide 'em, Angier.

Tinnermans are pretty thin. On our 320, I just used a disk approximately the same size as the tinnerman and recessed VERY slightly by hand. No new tools or dies. Then micro the whole thing and youre done.

On our IV wingtips, I simply countersunk the holes with a regular 100 degree countersink, floxed the tinnermans in and skimmed a coat of micro over everything. After sanding, I used the countersink to very carefully get the micro out of the tinnerman center.

Still in Mexico City. We're flying to Playa Del Carmen in the morning. We'll see how the old 320 handles a 8,500 ft MSL takeoff. Sure am glad it's Sue's leg.

Bill Harrelson
5zq@cox.net
N5ZQ 320 1,100 hrs
N6ZQ  IV  not getting worked on this week