From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Lancair final Inspections
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:09:51 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for Matt Reeves <mattreeves@yahoo.com>:

 Hello Lancair-ites,

 I am weeks away from Final Inspection from my local DAR.  I was wondering
what to expect.  Did they make you put the plane on tests for retract tests?
 Leave it retracted overnight to test for leaks?  All cotter pins installed,
safety wire, etc?  Basically, it has to be in flight ready condition, right?
 So I should do it at the airport, not outside of my garage?  Will they do
taxi tests?  Fuel tests?  What other tests do they or could they do?

 Basically, I just wanted to seek input from others as to how their
inspections went and how long it took.  I know it all depends on the
individual DAR but just wanted to be ready.

 Thanks!

 Matt
 mattreeves@yahoo.com