From: tkhall <tkhall@highland.net>
Sender: <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: tablets and WxWorx - update
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:23:19 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
As an aside to the discussion on computers and WxWorx and
GPSs....I am using the Bluetooth WxWorx receiver now and
have gone to the WxWorx Bluetooth GPS (Holux). This is
working well and eliminates all wires. I am using the
Billionton PCMCIA Bluetooth card to receive in my
pentablet(Fujitsu 4121).

In addition to the WxWorx software, I am running Jeppview
FlightDeck. To accomplish this with the one GPS, I am using
GPSgate software. It is simple and inexpensive and will
allow you to make numerous virtual com ports fed from one
GPS so that signal can be used by multiple programs.

Another solution is the Emtrane Trine II GPS which will feed
3 bluetooth channels. It is around $300. A friend of mine is
using this approach. Additional he is using the new Motion
computer (1600). He is very plesed with it and it's size and
sunlight readability. He is also using the True Flight
software which integrates the WxWorx data with other
interesting features. He likes it too.

Tom Hall
IV-PT 70%