From: <REHBINC@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: superchargers
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:24:09 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
In a message dated 3/24/2005 9:04:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, gwbraly@gami.com writes:

>>Reductions in IAT from the intercooler will buy one  LARGE improvements in the  detonation limited BMEP (ie, more horsepower becomes usefully available).

That sounds a lot like something I said earlier. Your'e starting to agree with me.<<

Help me,  but I  don’t recognize that as anything you said earlier.    I thought your point was that intercoolers made more power by increasing the charge density  - - but had little effect on detonation.

From my March 21st post

"The principle reason for adding an intercooler is the same as for adding a supercharger, to make the intake air denser and increase the mass flow through the engine."

(ie, more horespower is availabe)

Regards,

Rob