From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Unibits
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:04:14 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for Alain NOIREAUX <alainoireaux@club-internet.fr>:

 To LML gang,
 could someone explain for "aliens" what is < unibits> ?
 I had a look in the Websters Dictionnary but didn't find that word.
 Thanks.
 Alain NOIREAUX

 Dana Westphal a écrit :

I'm not sure which one of you "building sages" recommended unibits awhile
back, but they sure are great for cutting transition holes/openings.

[A "Unibit" is a stepped cylindrical drill bit capable of cutting a range of hole sizes.  Imagine a round wedding cake with 8-12 layers, the smallest layer being the tip of the drill and the largest layer being the rear of it with the shank sticking out beyond.  They typically have a single cutting flute that extends the length of the bit which allows each successively larger cutter to pilot itself off its preceding smaller cutter.  You can get more info on them at http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/brandProducts.jhtml?brand=Unibit. They're very nice tools and no toyb... er, toolbox is truly complete without them.    <Marv>       ]