From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Tuft testing
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:18:53 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for "Rick Lafford" <gliderguy89@earthlink.net>:

 How about checking the wing fuselage junction and the underside of the wing.
 A somewhat more sensitive method is to brush on a coat of used diesel oil,
 fly the a/c while taping then land to give the flow pattern a close look.
 Any flow disruption will really stand out. Can be done both top and bottom
 but I'd expect a separation bubble on the lower surface. After the test we
 use a citrus based cleaner to de-mess the wing.

 Rick Lafford
 Dansville, NY

"""
  Well, being a future air racer, I thought I would be a good experimenter
 and find out how the airflow acted over the top of my wing at different
 airspeeds. I dutifully tufted a section of the top left wing with cotton
 tufts and launched with a video camera.
"""