From: <Tubamanflies@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] LNC2 Vacuum failure and Boost pump problem
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:22:05 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
OK to check the vacuum pump just pull the suction line off the regulator.  If you have good suction there it may be the regulator.  If not it is probably the pump.  The pump shaft is designed to shear and prevent gearcase problems.  However, you can still trash the internals and the pump will still turn and not shear the shaft.    That my be where the noise is comming from.

I think the pump is piped backwards.  If I remember mine the outlet is on the right facing the overflow.   In any case the inlet and outlet are or should be marked on the pump housing.    Dukes pumps will not live long if they pump dry.  They will also pull air in the overflow once they begin to wear out.  To check just run a clear hose from the dischage of the pump back to one of the tanks.  If you see bubbles try and submerge the overflow and see if the y go away or are reduced.  If the level drops in the jar the overflow is in the pump is bad.

Check some things and see.

Good luck

Ray