From: Rob Logan <Rob.Logan@Philips.com>
Subject: CFS D2A EFIS intro
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:25:53 -0500
To: <lml@lancair.net>
after shipping around 250 screens from 1999
http://cheltonflightsystems.com has killed off the experimental IDU1
EFIS screen to consternate fully on the certified IDU3 screen.

http://direct2avionics.com/ has picked up mfg rights for this "old"  design and will offer them at http://Sun-n-Fun.org for a new low price!

cons:

1) experimental IDU1 (screen) have a slower cpu than the smaller IDU3.   2) cheaper experimental http://xbow.com AHRS isn't good
  with 200mph+ airplanes.
3) cheaper experimental air data computer doesn't do engine temps.
4) won't display traffic
5) no analog interface unit option (to display ILS)    pros:

1) runs the same certified software as the IDU3!
  http://direct2avionics.com/Self/SelfPacedPresentation.pdf
2) will ship 5.0 software, with improvements over current v4.1
3) comes with TWO screens!!
4) upgradable to full EIS engine monitor
  http://www.grtavionics.com/model_4000&6000.htm
5) sun-n-fun show *intro* includes a free autopilot!
http://www.trutrakflightsystems.com/ttfsproducts.html#DigiFlight-II
6) intro units ship 2 weeks after sun-n-fun                    7) $25k for TWO screens, AHRS, GPS, Air computer, and autopilot! waa..

this is more for the RV pilots, as the legacys and IV are alittle fast     for this AHRS...  Lancair people would likely want the IDU3s with the  the certified AHRS, but Kirk@direct2avionics.com ask I post this.

disclaimer: although I haven't been asked to test software before
its certified, or have a stake in direct2avionics.com, I'm kinda trying
to get my foot in the door, because I really like this stuff. this also
means the above likely contains errors, but I did my best.