From: <Tubamanflies@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Fw: Oil Filter Adapter
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:18:17 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
I have the straight back Lycoming and it works well.  Just make sure you have enough room between the engine and the firewall to get it off.

Ray

In a message dated 1/29/04 10:47:52 PM Central Standard Time, debanddan@msn.com writes:

Hi all:

Soliciting advice for an oil filter adapter.  In my final (a relative term) stages of building and presently working
on firewall fwd.  Current setup: L-360, large tail, IO-360 (angled).  I did purchase B&C's 90 degree spin-on oil filter adapter (11:30 position type) only to find out that a standard filter is about 1.5" too tall to fit under the cowl.
B&C does offer a shorter, squat-type filter (Hastings?), but methinks I should go a different route.
Two other choices come to mind: the Lycoming straight back-type adapter or the Airwolf remote system.
Any and all advice welcome.  Thanx in advance,

Dan Lukschander, L-360, #777, N178DM, 90% (but the light at the end of the tunnel still seems too dim)