From: Rob Logan <Rob.Logan@Philips.com>
Sender: <rob>
Subject: Re: [LML] Chelton macro/conversion utility
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 13:27:40 -0500
>  Chelton system bothered to make a macro

mine are dumped into http://rob.com/lancair/flights/2003/
to do graphs and such...

I was working on converter to fltplay xml sets
for playback in MS FS with http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/nav/
but it had no engine (oops, large exothermic air pump) data
so I changed to their binary "screen dump" format.. MS then
changed the format of that file in FS2004.. it wasn't very smooth
at one frame every 5sec... but now that CFS v4.1 does one frame
a second I converted another flight last week.. its fun eye
candy but not real useful... the cool part is the
playback is a cute yellow bird... :-)

anyway, to make the log file a CSV file use:

echo Date, Lat, Lon, MSL, Pitch, Bank, Heading, TRK, IAS, TAS, GS, VSI, Glide, G, WindS, WindD, OAT, DA, Fuel, RPM, FF, MAP, FuelL, FuelR, FuelPrs, Aux5, OilT, OilPrs, Volts, e1, c1, e2, c2, e3, c3, e4, c4, e5, c5, e6, c6, TIT1, TIT2, CarbT
cat LOG00.DAT | nawk '{
if ($NF+0 == "-999") {print ""} else {
  if (NF == "2") {printf $0 ", " } else {
    if ($2+0 > -50 ) {for (i = 1; i <= NF ; i++) printf $i+0 ", "} else {
      printf $1 " " $2 " "
      for (i = 3; i <= NF ; i++) printf $i+0 ", "
      }
    }
  }
}'

--
Utopian Maturity: Eternity, Liberty, Equality now Fraternity & Altruism.