From: Shannon Knoepflein <kycshann@kyol.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: alternator clearance
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:13:32 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>

We used the square we cut out and slid it back in there for the back, and I borrowed some extra material from Dave Link a few hangers down that he had left from doing his switch from a piston to a turbine 4P.  Tape the seams with aluminum tape.  I think AS&S sells most the stuff you’d need, and I’m sure Lancair has it or can get it for you.  Enjoy.

---

Shannon Knoepflein   <--->   kycshann@kyol.net

Now for firewall fire/heat protection.  Since the original firewall blanket must now be cut to accommodate the recess, how did you protect the additional firewall real estate?  Where did you get the extra material?