From: Dan Schaefer <dfs155@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Static port
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:55:47 -0500
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
To Greg Tanner.

The 235 manuals that came with my kit back in 1986 (!) had that information.
If I can locate them I'll look it up for you (may not find them, but I'll
look).

 In any case, there are two static ports, one on each side of the fuselage,
tee'd together inside, located about four or five inches behind the baggage
compartment bulkhead and about the same distance below the hat shelf. This
location isn't perfect but close enough to get a pretty good calibrated A/S.

There was no special port/fitting recommended or used. The correct size hole
was drilled through the fuse side (like 1/64 or so) then the inside was back
drilled only through the inside skin to allow a short piece of 1/4 in.
aluminum tubing to be floxed in, flushed up to the inside of the outer skin.
After cure, the port was re-drilled to be sure that it was open in case the
flox had covered the hole. A few BID's were layed up around the Al tube to
provide bracing.

If I had it to do again, I'd cut off the end of an AN807-4D for the tube as
it has a nice bead to seal the transition to the hose.

If you're not in any big hurry, I'll try to locate the manuals or make a
measurement on my airplane.

Dan Schaefer