From: Angier M. Ames <N2811a@comcast.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Elevator trim control
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:19:39 -0400
To: <lml@lancaironline.net>
Greetings,

I would appreciate some feedback from any of you with cockpit experience using electric elevator trim.
Specifically, in my LNC2 I have a MAC servo in the elevator and am planning to use their control stick grips. So, is it better to have the trim switches or buttons on the grip itself, or within easy reach of the right hand on the center consol?
My thinking is that my left hand would get a better feel through the control stick of what the trim is doing if the same hand is not trying to manipulate the trim buttons at the same time.

Does it matter?

In reality, I will probably wind up with trim control on the stick as well as the center consol. That way, the co-pilot won't be groping in my crotch area for trim. :-)

Angier Ames