From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] gross weight, maneuvering speed
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:06:57 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for "Dominic V. Crain" <domcrain@westconnect.com.au>:

This note, as I understand it, defines Va.
Now, where is my aeroplane - Oh yes, in the hangar.

Lots of good inputs on this, but one more consideration:  The term
"maneuvering speed" has historically (and legally) designated the
maximum
speed at which the controls could be moved to their stops without
structural
damage.  The assumption could be made that the wing could be stalled
during
this event so wing strength is a criteria.  Another is that all of the
other
structural elements in the aircraft, such as the engine mount, have been
designed to have equivalent strength. ....snip...<<<