From: Rob Logan <rob@logan.com>
Subject: Re: {LML] Another WxWorx Fan, However...
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:29:55 -0400
To: <lml@lancair.net>
 "Metcalfe, Lee, AIR" <Lee.Metcalfe@jocoks.com> posted:

I, too, bought WxWorx at OSH and have now flown with it twice in
weather.  I have also flown with both Garmin's and King's wx-in-cockpit
products and WxWorx is way better and way cheaper!  In my opinion the
biggest challenge with WxWorx is how best to display it.  I used a
borrowed tablet pc (Gateway) and was underwhelmed by the display in
daylight.  Also, the tablet cannot be dimmed sufficiently for night use.
Also, it gets heavy and warm sitting in your lap, which is about the
only way to really see it well and use the touchscreen features (I guess
you could do some sort of holder on your console). I saw the navAero
T-Pad at OSH and was very impressed with it.  I'm now thinking that is
the way to go, even though I am going to have to buy a new laptop to run
it, as my old one doesn't have the cajones to run Win2000 or XP, which
you need to run both WxWorx and the T-Pad interface.  As I thought about
all the hardware and wires I'm going to end up with and how to power
everything, it occurred to me to do a diagram, which I though I'd share
with the group.

Lee "Moondog" Metcalfe
N320WH - LNC2 - Kansas City