From: Wendell & Jean Durr <legacy147@cableone.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Baggage compartment console
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:25:01 -0400
To: <lml>
Hey gang, does anyone have the time to extend me the courtesy of a reply to the following inquiry?    Wendell Durr

"Having mislocated the rudder cables too high in my Legacy, I desired to raise the aft console covering the cables rather than relocate them.Recognising there might be some structural considerations, I called the factory and was wired  to Mark. Following our discussion and in conformity with it I floxed two 1" boards to the floor and screwed the console to the boards Now I understand there is another opinion being voiced at the factory, to the effect the console needs to be bonded down.
Would the floxed in place wood provide whatever is needed, or would placing the called for bid layers over the wood core that is now floxed to the floor provide whatever is needed, so the console could remain screwed down for easy removal and access to the area under it as needed?
It would seem to this amateur that the fiberglass console would provide less strength and rigidity than would either the floxed down wood, or the floxed down wood covered with glass cloth (but what do I know)
Thanks in advance for any guidance.            Wendell Durr        Legacy #147"