From: Robert Smiley <rsmiley@centurytel.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: Engine cooling in 320
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:42:06 -0500
To: <lml>
I installed the oil cooler setup as per plans mounted low and left off the
firewall and took air off the left plenum bank.  Temps in Northwest are
fine.  in 95-100 degrees you must be careful.  You can go over temps ie 260
degrees or so for about 30 minutes, so I was told, in extreme conditions,
The oil will not coke at that temp.  If the oil smells burnt it definitely
needs changing.

I was at Boise, ID. cooking on the tarmac 100 degree weather, waiting for
ten minutes for clearance.  Took off and made a gently climb out.  The
powerplant cooled down and there was no problem.  In three years, that was
the only incident regards to temp problems.

Bob Smiley
N94RJ