From: Scott percival <percivalsd@hotmail.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:42:55 -0500
To: <lml>

I hope someone can help me with some answers to a few questions.
I have just purchased partly complete L360 kit in Australia. I are trying to get up to speed on how to best compete this kit with out making the wrong decisions on engine props ect. There must be lots of operational experance by now with these planes.
The engine I have is a IO 360 C1C 200hp.
Is it true that 200hp engines seem not to have a good track record for maintainence issues, do they generally go the full TBO?
What is the expected performance increase using the 200hp verses the 180hp. Dose the increases in weight and added full consumption negate any real performance increases in the cruise climb ground roll.
I are hoping to use a fixed pitch prop, has anyone done this with a 200hp and if so do you have any real numbers ground roll climb cruise weights ect. I do realize that by using a fixed pitch prop you have to give up some climb or cruise just how much is the question? Do most of the people that have tried to use fix pitch end up with a CSU prop in the end? I are sure I are not the first to try to save both weight and money, it just might not be the place to do it. Some real world data would be helpful.
Regards Scott Percival.