From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: aileron balancing
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:07:07 -0500
To: <lml>
In a message dated 12/9/2002 11:30:37 PM Central Standard Time, rsmiley@centurytel.net writes:

Scott, Would one full turn on one rod end bearing be sufficient to create sufficient load???

Bob,
I don't know.  I think my aileron tips are each 1/16 to 1/8 inch above the wingtip trailing edge.  I will measure mine the next time I go out to the cold, cold airport.

One test for lash is to clamp one aileron to the wingtip and go move the other one to measure the range of the lash dead band.  Perhaps use 1/2 that distance for the re-rigging.  I will check that on my 450 hour airplane and report back.

Scott Krueger
N92EX