From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: 12 volt blower
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 07:39:03 -0500
To: <lml>
Posted for "Douglas W. Johnson, MD" <Lancair1@bellsouth.net>:

I agree with Skip 100%.  Unless you have an a/c unit, the blower is a
godsend on hot days on the ground.  It is also useful during pressurized
flight, as the air around your head becomes somewhat stagnant due to lack of
airflow high in the cabin once the pressure bulkhead door closes off.  In
non-pressurized flight, I turn it off due to the abundant airflow from the
NACA scoop.
Doug Johnson
620TT in N654DM

     The bottom line is that the NACA duct does not become effective until
you're at flying speed.  Between pre-start, after start, taxi, runup, and
after landing taxi up until you shut down, there is plenty of time every
flight that you'll be glad you installed a fan.<<<