From: <RicArgente@cs.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: AILERON WEIGHT
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 22:44:58 -0500
To: <lml>
In a message dated 12/8/2002 5:14:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, VTAILJEFF@aol.com writes:
"Overbalanced is OK but underbalanced is not"? Please explain. I don't
understand.

When I was building N360ZR, I read that underbalanced control surfaces (i.e. ailerons, elevators) could lead to flutter under certain conditons (i.e.  high speed conditions).  However, there is no similar consequence if these components are over 100% balanced.

If one were to 100% balance their ailerons and elevators, after primer and paint, these components may now be less that 100% balance.  Hence, the reason the manual instructs the builder to check the balance conditions after primer and paint.

Rick Argente