From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: vacuum
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:14:29 -0500
To: <lml>

Posted for "Gary Casey" <glcasey@adelphia.net>:

<<While visiting a local speed shop this morning I saw a really nice vacuum
pump
that will pull about 7"hg vacuum, runs on 12v at 4A and is intended for
continuous operation.>>

I would worry about the flow capability - I assume it is used to power the
vacuum servos on a heater control.

[I don't think so... I'm pretty sure it's either a smog pump or used to evacuate the crankcase.  I'll have more data tomorrow  <Marv>           ]

I have a design (patent recently issued) of a pressure regulator that will
supply the instruments directly from a turbocharged engine.  It
automatically selects pressure sources between compressor discharge, intake
manifold and atmosphere to provide a constant 5 inches pressure differential
regardless of engine operating conditions.  Anyone interested in doing some
"beta site" testing?

Gary Casey