From: <N295VV@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: Overhead Blower on LIV
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:20:18 -0500
To: <lml>
I have no blower on my LIV.  When my plane is in motion, it has very strong air movement through the four eyeball vents in the ceiling.  When I am on the ground in warm weather, I have the door cracked or open, and need no blower.

The problem for the LIV is the reverse--in winter, the plane moves too much cold air through the vents.  The pressure is so great that the headset receptacles for the headset plugs spray out 1/4" plumes of pressurized cold air.

To solve the winter cold air movement problem, I put a sliding plastic valve from a woodworking dust collector inline in the back of the plane, and I configured a push-pull shutoff.  Someday I will put an electric one from a motorhome sewer setup in its place.

My recommendation--if it ain't broke yet, don't add another two pounds.  If your NACA inlet vent is in the right place on your vertical stabilizer, the 250 kt will push enormous air into your cabin.

David Jones, Pecatonica, IL