From: clark baker <cbaker9@nyc.rr.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: XPDR antenna problem
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:08:46 -0500
To: <lml>

>>   I did call Bob Archer last week.  He verified for me that I
installed the  antenna correctly.  Then he told me that the antenna just
doesn't seem to  work in some planes.  Wish I'd known that before I
bought it.    <<

I had a AAE (small black strip) transponder antenna mounted in my 360.
I kept getting "intermittent" complaints from ATC.  The antenna was
mounted in the aft fuselage, about a foot? forward of the leading edge
of the horizontal stab.  I replaced it with the Archer antenna and have
had no complaints from ATC in 100+ hours.  I guess all installs are
different.
Regards,
Clark Baker
N250JF