From: Skip Slater <skipslater@earthlink.net>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: XPDR antenna problem
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:13:31 -0500
To: <lml>
  I have an Apollo SL-15 transponder attached to a Bob Archer XPDR antenna
in the tail of my ES.  After hearing from approach that my transponder was
intermittant, I had it checked and found that the antenna was only
transmitting to the sides and not at all toward the nose and tail of the
plane.  Anyone else had this problem?  The antenna is in the correct
orientation and has is just forward of the stern post on the vertical stab
where there's no big metal stuff near it, so I'm not sure what else I can do
with it.  Any ideas out there?
   Skip Slater
   N540ES