From: Randy Snarr <rsnarr@telamerica.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: 235/320 cooling
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 19:35:34 -0400
To: <lml>
I am looking for someone that is running the 0320 on the 235 airframe using
the original cowl that is not having head cooling trouble (if there are any)

I would be interested to hear what was done to accomplish that.

Also, I am in the process of modifying my exhaust system to better fit under
the cowl.
I recently spoke with another flyer that experienced a broken weld on their
exhaust due to tension from the exhaust to airframe connection near the end
of the pipe.

He alleviated this with an exhaust ball joint that gives the system some
flexibility against the airframe.

This sounds like a good idea to me and I am curious if this is an isolated
case or if others are experiencing the same trouble.

One last question I have is in regards to my oil cooler installation. I am
thinking of venting the oil cooler exhaust air out of the side of the cowl
through the shark looking vents that Lance sells to avoid building up
pressure on the back side of the baffling. I have seen that before on
someone's airplane and am curious if that is an effective means of cooling
vs. venting the oil cooler air into the cowl area.

I would be very interested to hear from someone that is running the same
power plant and similar size cooler in that configuration.

Thanks!

Randy L. Snarr
235/320 70 %
Salt Lake City, Ut