From: Fred Egli <fvegli@msn.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: RE: [LML] Re: IO-550N
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 07:28:56 -0400
To: <lml>
Can we get a more definitive answer as to George Braly's comment on the IO
550N running too hot? I typically climb my IO 550G Lancair IV out at 2500
and full throttle,indicating around 140 knots and see my hottest cylinder at
375 to 390 degrees. Is that too hot? I have the baffling kit from Lancair
(delivered in 1998), is it different than the Columbia or Current Lancair
Issue?, or is my climb-out speed higher? My lancair IV uses the ES cowling
with the smaller air inlets.

Fred Egli Lancair IV N1228E   About 400 wonderful hours on it.