From: <JPKleber@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Three-Blade Hartzell Prop for LEG2 (Legacy)
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 08:07:19 -0400
To: <lml>
Hi,
I received an email today from Brad Huelsman at Hartzell, responding to my
inquiry about 3-blade prop for the Legacy.  The letter speaks for itself.  I
have also attached performance charts comparing the 2-blade vs. 3-blade for
takeoff and cruise:

Hello John,
We have approved the three-blade model HC-J3YF-1RF/F7391D-3 prop for the
IO-550-N engine in the Legacy 2000.
The physical geometry of the prop is the same as the two blade, so the
spinner (A-2295-1P) fit and hub length will be a "bolt-on" when compared to
the 2-blade. Weight is approximately 73 Lbs, the two blade is 53 Lbs.
Originally, Lancair had told us that they could not handle the weight of a
3-blade aluminum prop. So we developed the two blade.
It's a good prop, but the three blade will T/O & climb better.  Our analysis
shows the cruise will be the same. We do not have on wing data though. It is
a new design airfoil and has a Scimitar shape.
I have sent the OEM pricing to Lancair, so you should buy through them if
you want. I can only give you list price from the factory.
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
Brad Huelsman
Account Manager
OEM Sales