From: Villi Seemann <villi.seemann@nordea.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Dielectric Constant of Avgas ?
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:52:37 -0400
To: <lml>
Dan Chaefer wrote :

>Allan, I'd bet it has a range depending on the manufacturer, the various
>constituents in the mix ( "gasoline" is just a name for some widely variant
>brews), etc.,etc.
>
>You ought to check directly with some of the big refinery companies that
>still produce "avgas".

Dan

I dont know about 'gasoline' but 100LL is a rather well specified substance.
The largest variation is temperature and worse : the content of water and
other contaminants 'applied' after the fuel left the refinery.

One can see the data curves in ITT's  old 'Reference Book for Radio
Engineers' specificly for avgas - not just gasoline.

Regards
Villi H. Seemann
Senior Engineer
Infrastructure Network