From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: LNC2 Experimental Landing to be avoided
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 16:28:32 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for Don Skeele <dpske@wvi.com>:
No pain at all, I get to come back and break it in (no pun) on the way home. Canyon Mesa Aviation (Sedona) has been very helpful and will be the general contractor.  Air Craftsman (Prescott) will be tearing down the engine and upgrading my 400 hr (verge of dying) Cermichrome cylinders to ultra high speed steel cylinders (Watch out Stuka) etc.  The prop will be serviced in Tuscon. Dr. Jurg Sommerauer (Sedona) will be doing the belly/flap/cowling glass repairs.  I will return in 6 weeks to help with final touches and fly her home to be painted.

Scott,  I wish you well with your repairs, but just a note on a LN-2 that was repaired in Pennsylvania by a shop that ought to be run off.  I've spent  about 70 hours, although I'm a slow worker, redoing things that were fundamentally  wrong. Might I respectfully request that you take a Lancair wizard  and an engine wizard to check things out before taking delivery/ writing  the check..  This PA outfit crawfished out of everything stating that it was an experimental A/C.. The hassle on the engine is still going on with considerable $$ to be spent with ECI, San Antonio..  I post this as a warning to us all about  "Non-Production aircraft" But for the grace of a couple of great mentors, been stung with off breed props, shops that will work only at great cost  & decry any work liability due to our birds being "experimental"   I again wish you none of the above headaches..