From: <Sky2high@aol.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] belly landing
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:22:42 -0400
To: <lml>
In a message dated 6/7/2002 10:47:51 AM Central Daylight Time, rossann@mindspring.com writes:

How did you lift the bird to extend the gear?  To what did you attach the
hoist?

The tail was supported by the extension of a flatbed tow truck, a 6x6 and the damp crying towel to protect the finish.  A strap was wrapped around the bent prop blades and hub (spinner removed) and lifted by the usual tow truck.  I didn't care much about the blades, they are trash and the crank will be taken out of the engine and magnafluxed.  I did have a man at each wing tip to protect against rolling it.

All very embarassing since this was done in front of the Sedona Airport bar and restaurant.

Scott Krueger