From: Paul Davis <pdavis@bmc.com>
Sender: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: [LML] Re: IV-P glare shield
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:29:55 -0400
To: <lml>
Is energy absorption during a crash a major consideration when
designing glare-shields?  Or do we just depend on shoulder harnesses?

I have a friend who refused to teach from the front seat of someone's
homebuilt aerobatic plane because of concerns over "losing his head"
to the large (but thin and strong) glare-shield.

Paul Davis
pdavis@bmc.com
Phone 713-918-1550