From: Marvin Kaye <marv@lancaironline.net>
Subject: Re: FADEC
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:21:46 -0400
To: <lml>
Posted for "D.C. Cox" <DR.RESONANCE@next-wave.net>:

I have waited for over 3 years since my FADEC deposit with AeroSance at EAA Oshkosh.  Lancair is only now testing the system on the Continental 550 engine and, according to Kirk Hammersmith, still having some problems with the system.  They have not even started testing on the turbo unit and probably will not begin until very late this year.  For these reasons I dropped my order for the FADEC unit.

I still have not received my deposit back since FADEC is now a part of Continental.  Over 3 months have elapsed since I asked AeroSance/Continental to refund my deposit on the FADEC unit.  It seems there are some major communication problems at Continental and perhaps some money problems as well.  If it takes them this long to issue a simple refund check I would imagine it would take even longer to process any type of claim for engine parts.

I decided to go with the EngineAir system after some excellent reports from some of the flyers including Doug Pohl.  After considering you can save over $3,500 per year on fuel alone it really does start to become the logical choice.  Three years of fuel cost savings and you have enough for your next engine rebuild.  When the fuel problem hits the Continental flyers will have to either pay a lot more for fuel or degrade their engines performance.

Best regards,

D.C. Cox
Baraboo,  WI